Wykamol damp proofing creams are specially designed for use along mortar course. When using the product, it should be done at regular intervals and the injection is done in holes that are pre-drilled. Before curing occurs, the cream diffuses and this is what creates a water repellant barrier and prevents cases of damp rising on your walls. Unlike traditional methods which don’t work effectively, these creams deliver amazing results. There are several benefits associated with the same and they are as listed below.
- Effective: This product was formulated after extensive research and development. Several screening and tests were also carried out on potential formulations and the results indicate that the cream is more powerful than any other formulation in the market. It is precisely for this reason that it delivers result in an efficient manner.
- Clean: The cream is not designed to get injected under pressure and for this reason, there are no risks of the fluid leaking to surrounding property and causing damage. Additionally, the cream does not have any hydrocarbon elements and as a result, there is little or no smell associated with the same.
- Fast: With Wykamol damp proofing cream, you can rest assured that the cream works at a faster pace compared to other products found in the market. Due to this fact, the treatment process is completed at a quicker pace and this minimizes cases of disruption to home owners.
The cream is scientifically approved and has passed all the necessary tests required by the approving bodies and as a user you do not have to fret about using the same because it is the ideal product for addressing issues of damp walls.
For every member of the family, it is always important to feel warm and comfortable in your home. Warmth in a house is largely dependent on the air and wall temperatures and many people have settled for damp walls because they are good transmitters of heat. However, after sometime, they develop problems and home owners should always be keen and take note of problems with damp so as to manage them.
Increasingly, problems with damp arise mainly from insulation and especially in newly built buildings as well as existing houses. Cavity insulation specifically has a dramatic impact on the ventilation within the cavity. Ventilation is very essential in order to prevent condensation within the walls. Therefore to avoid these problems it is important that you insulation materials that are porous to water vapor when insulating the cavity wall, as this will enable the wall to breath in the most natural way.
The other visible damp problem is peeling of the wall paper, fungus, mould growth and condensation of windows. You may also notice moulds on the floor and on furniture within the home. The paintwork is normally seriously affected and decay on the floors and wooden window frames is irreversible. In dealing with these problems, you may consider replacing the window frames and redecorating the house. However these are only temporary measures on tackling the problem and you should seek professional advice on permanent ways to eliminate the problems completely. It is also important that you consider the root cause of damp problems so as to employ the best preventive measures.
Damp proofing is a process where a barrier is applied to the foundation walls of the basement during construction, in an effort to keep moisture away from getting into the basement walls, floors and inside your home. This is because mildew and mold can gradually seep through the walls and into the house, which is very dangerous for members of the family because it can lead to respiratory problems such as asthma and bronchitis.
Damp proofing will therefore slow down the amount of water that is penetrating into the basement’s walls and floor. Many homes are constructed with materials such as bricks, mortar and stones and moisture can easily penetrate through these materials through the tiniest cracks and spaces. It may seem harmless but as moisture accumulates within the home, the building’s walls will start to crack posing a great danger to members of the family. The building will eventually fall off if necessary measurements are not taken.
However, it is highly recommended that you seek professional services that will put up an effective basement that will prevent water and moisture from entering the house. A professional will recommend any additional methods that need to be used so as to keep the basement completely dry. One of the methods that could be suggested includes vapor barrier which acts as part of an overall protective and effective plan. Basement treatment will also be carried out during the process which will ensure that the basement remains durable for a long period of time, prevent moisture penetration into the house, which also helps to keep family members away from respiratory infections.
Among the major mistakes people make when dealing with damp is assuming that it always come from the inside. In order to learn how to treat damp yourself, the first step that you have to take is learn some of the basic things that you need to know in order to make the right moves. For instance, it can be caused by leaking windows, excessive condensation and leaking pipes. In addition to this, there are basic steps which you can effectively follow to ensure that this end is met and they are as highlighted below.
- After having a hot bath or shower, you should leave the bathroom window open
- Those who own tumble dryers should only use them in rooms that are well ventilated.
- Every day, make sure that you home is well ventilated and this means opening up the windows to increase the ease with which the air circulates.
- In order to lower the level of condensation, the bathroom, kitchen and wet room should be installed with extractor fans.
- Trickle vents should be installed in all your windows.
- If you can afford it, consider the possibility of hiring a dehumidifier.
There are instances when you might not be certain whether or not your home is damp and during such instances, it is advisable to invest in a damp tester. There are several of these in the market and they can be bought from the hardware stores. It is easy to learn how to treat damp yourself with these easy steps and you can also rely on the variety of DIY information found online.
Posted by – April 18, 2011
There are different types of dump that invade the home ranging from penetrating, rising, humidity and from other sources. If it is not controlled, it can cause irreversible damage and diseases and the only way to ensure that this is not the case is to learn time of the year when damp occurs. This is among the major concerns people have and while this is known to occur during cold seasons there are other instances when it might occur during the hot season. However, there are several factors that influence whether or not you experience damp in your home.
- For starters, there are some homes which are prone to damp regardless of what time of year it is. This includes homes that have considerably age and become prone to attacks from various outside elements.
- Homes that don’t have the appropriate painting that is supposed to protect the homes or homes that have been shoddily painted and maintained to cut down on costs without looking at the long term effects.
- Homes that are exposed to high levels of humidity.
During the time of the year that damp occurs, it is advisable to place the necessary measures into place to ensure that the issue is addressed before it gets out of hand. There are several ways through which to meet this end and key among them is hiring a professional or choosing to handle the situation on your own. Regardless of the option you choose, make sure that it is in the best interest of your home in order to safeguard your health.
Posted by – April 18, 2011
Many homeowners who have problems with damp surfaces need not to worry anymore as the use of N-Virol Damp Proofing Creams is a great solution. This product comes with a number of benefits including:
- Easy application- the users will only need to inject the cream to the area using the hand pump and ensure that each hole is completely covered. It is also available with instructions on how to go about the application, starting from surface preparation to the finishing. The other important thing to note is the fact that it can be used by both DIY individuals as well as the experts in the field.
- Absence of unpleasant odors- when using them, the users will not have to worry about the smell as notable with other products because these creams are virtually odorless.
- Low Hazards- as compared to other products in the market, these damp proofing creams from N-Virol are manufactured to offer the users safety. They have been certified as low hazard products.
- Versatile- The best thing about these products is the fact that it can be used in variety of surfaces. The homeowners can use it on the brick, masonry and stone walls and can be applied from the outside or the inside.
- Efficient- N-Virol is a company that is renowned for its high quality standards and this is noted in the efficiency and effectiveness of their products. However it is important that the users apply the N-Virol Damp Proofing Creams as per the instruction for a successful result.
Posted by – April 18, 2011
Damp walls are a problem that most home owners deal with on a day to day basis. It is for this reason that there are several products in the market designed to address the same. While this might be the case, among the most rewarding products in the market are damp proof membranes.
How they Work
These are directly applied to the damp wall. When buying the products, they are accompanied by fishing instructions. This is designed to make it easy for those interested in carrying out a DIY project. In the event you don’t know how to use these products, it is advisable to consult with a professional for the simple reason this offers a high level of guarantee.
Is it Necessary to Use a Proof Course?
When using these membranes, it is not necessary to use a proof course. This is because most of the older buildings are not designed with this type of course. It is precisely due to this fact that the membranes are used to treat problems such as rising, penetrating and condensation damp. More importantly, when the membrane is used the need for a proof course is immediately negated.
Used in Basements
Damp proof membranes can also be used in basements and while this is the case, it is recommended to consult with a specialist. This is because there is the slight chance you might be dealing with more than a damp wall. Rather, it could be a drainage problem that requires expertise advice. In essence, the membrane is used to address a number is issues such as flood drainage, rising damp, penetrating and other types of damp related issues.
Posted by – April 18, 2011
Many problems arise due to lack of proper damp proofing including the discoloration and/or peeling of paintwork as well as damage to internal finishes. For this reason, it is important for all homeowners to invest in effective damp proofing creams- which are the best option for DYI lovers. These creams are used to prevent dampness from moving up the wall. This is easier and more convenient for many homeowners who must take their time in selecting these products. Some of the important things to look for in these products include:
- Ease of use- it is imperative for the homeowners to find out if the products they are buying are easy to use as this will not only save them time but also effort when they are damp proofing their homes.
- Performance- selecting any damp proofing creams can do more harm than good and to avoid this, the homeowners are advised to stick to the products with high quality performance and effective results, or else they will not solve the damp problem. They should also be certified with the relevant certifying authorities to ensure that they have attained the standards required.
- Low hazard- there is no need for homeowners to put themselves and their loved ones in danger by use of products that are not safe. They should ensure that they have checked on the safety rating of these creams before purchasing them. They best products are non-flammable, non-caustic and solvent free.
Choosing the right cream will eliminate spillage and mess, making the home damp free and safer.
Posted by – April 6, 2011
Early forms of chemical damp proofing applications were complicated and time consuming. The classic method, first introduced for masonry walls, was to use a penetrating liquid such as silicone into predrilled holes in the walls. Once the masonry absorbed the liquid it would cure to form a waterproof barrier.
As the demand for chemical damp course repair has grown, the construction materials industry has responded with modern solutions, usually in the form of damp-proofing creams or liquids. These are simpler and faster to apply and do not require expensive pumps.
Silane diffusion involves the use of a thixotropic silane cream which diffuses slowly through the mortar to release silane vapour. This reacts with silica in the bricks to form a continuous membrane of impervious resin. The silane is an irritant chemical and should be used with great care. It can take anything up to a year for the damp to dry out, although the process will be accelerated if the application is done in the spring or early summer.
Siliconate transfusion also involves drilling holes in the brickwork, which are then fitted with a dispenser. Aqueous siliconate is fed by gravity into the dispenser units which diffuses the chemical to form a barrier. Because this is a highly efficient method with little wastage of the chemical, it is one of the most cost-effective ways to combat damp.
Siliconate may also be injected directly into drill holes. This method is usually recommended only for single brick walls.
Posted by – March 28, 2011
Rising damp is a common problem in many building and causes frustrations and anxiety to home owners since it can affect their home. The usual cause of rising damp is poor maintenance and a leaking pipe. The first thing that is on your mind now is how to spot a rising damp? Here’s how:
First thing you need to do is find an unusual smell. Penetrating damp usually has a recognizable smell which makes it easy to spot. Another sign of a rising damp is a patch or a mould like patch which usually occurs after water leakage or water penetration. You will then need to look for areas where patches can be seen so that you can point out the exact cause of the rising damp.
Rising damp that can be found on a chimney is usually caused by a failing damp. Rain is the usual cause of rising damp in chimneys since rainwater will fall down on the chimney and will be absorbed in the chimney walls. Other causes of damp include homes or building that was made from lime and modern renders. Rising damp arises in these situations since lime can trap moisture in the walls of your home. An active condensation can be happening when a crescent shape of damp is noted on two external walls.
Another probable sign of a damp rising is salt clusters that can be found on bricks which are usually caused by water leakage in a building or home. It is advisable to consult professionals once you have confirmed that your home is having a rising damp phenomenon.